Campus living


 On-campus restaurants and cafes provide reasonably cheap food and meals. Students can also have meals at Supelec restaurants, located just next to Polytech Paris-Sud.

 On-campus  restaurants are all managed by CROUS (an organisation in charge of  Student welfare).  They offer balanced meals at low prices.

The cafes are managed either by Polytech Paris-Sud students or by CROUS.  They serve French simple fast-food dishes.

 University halls of residence

 CROUS manages the University Halls of Residence. The rent of University accommodation is fairly low and e demand for rooms exceeds availability: it is therefore difficult to find a room in the University Halls of Residence.

 You can apply via the  internet on and must give the completed application to the school grant office before 30th April.

 Orsay Campus - University Halls of Residence

  • "La Pacaterie" Residence Building 499, 91406 Orsay. Tel. : +33 (0)1 69 15 75 98 Rooms : 310
  • "Fleming" Residence rue Maginot, 91406 Orsay. Tel. : +33 (0)1 69 18 97 97 Rooms : 912
  • "Bures Nord" Residence Building 232, 233. Tel. : +33 (0)1 69 15 77 02
  • "Bures Sud" Residence Building 231, 91440 Bures sur Yvette Tel. : +33 (0)1 69 15 78 93 Rooms : 602
  • "L’Isle - Bures" Residence 14 rue du Dr Colle, Building 227, 91440 Bures sur Yvette. Tel. : +33 (0)1 69 07 68 96 Rooms : 290 studios and 12 large studios
  • "Le Bosquet" Residence 15, rue Le Bosquet, 91940 Les Ulis. Tel. : +33 (0)1 69 07 62 40 Rooms : 159
  •  A single room costs around 210 € per month.

 What is CROUS ?

 CROUS is an organisation in charge of  Student welfare which endeavours to improve welcoming and giving information to students about accomodation, restaurants, social services , temporary jobs, cultural activities, tourism,and so on.

 Each CROUS is managed by a committee elected every other year, and chaired by the vice-chancellor of the Academy. For more information, see

 Librairies and Document Sources

 Each library on the various sites contains :

  • Books
  • Dictionaries and encyclopaedia
  • Theses
  • Newspapers and magazines: paper and on-line versions
  • Computerised catalogues
  • Databases : CD Rom and on-line
  • Internet access
  • ... and sometimes even a "comic book corner" …

Once you have a valid student card, you can sign up at the library. You can read books in the library or borrow them. There is also an inter-library loan service, which should ensure that you find the book you need. The university library at the Faculty of Science (Orsay) holds numerous artistic and cultural exhibitions: feel free to take a look!

Document search courses

At the beginning of the academic year, many libraries run presentations to teach you how to search for documents. Remember to look out for posters at the beginning of the semester. They will tell you the dates and programs of these sessions. This is also the ideal opportunity to get to know the librarians, who will be at your service throughout the year.

University Library, Building 407

Tel: +33 (0)1 69 15 69 71 / 69 79

Monday to Friday, 8.30 am to 6.30 pm and Saturday 9 am to 1 pm